Friday, December 15, 2006

Reads

Right now I am reading "Reaching for The Invisible God" by Yancey. I've never read his work, and I like it. He's a total melancholy, so you have to get by that (like I should talk). Sydney received "The Count of Monte Cristo" as a gift, and I started that as well. With over 1000 pages I said "this better start strong or I'm putting it down". Well, I haven't been disappointed so far.

Anything else I should be reading? Any suggestions? Sean? Charlie? Dad? I know you all read a lot...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

have you read either of Tom Barnett's first book (the guy i webmaster for)? The Pentagon's New Map? iheartily recommend it! (of course, but i do really think you'd find his blend of globalism, economics, demographics and military action interesting :-)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I bet I would. Thanks!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good book I read recently was The Forgotten Soldier. It is a memoir from a German soldier on the Russian Front. I have read a lot of WWII stuff and this one was unbelievable!! I couldn't put it down!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks Charlie...I put The Count...down...so Amazon.com is next eh?

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you can find it on Amazon.com - Forgotten Soldier is as gripping as or more so than Black Hawk Down.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home