Saturday, September 22, 2007

Scared? Had enough?

Some silly girl walks into an airport with what might have been a fake bomb sewn into the front of her hoodie. She should not have done that. She should...well, have a slap on the wrist. It's not funny after 9/11.

But this is what we have come to, and I'm sure most people disagree with me (although I'm positive I'm right, and time will prove it one way or another)... this kid was almost shot on the spot! Make that killed on the spot...luckily she was not. She was however, arrested, and booked on who knows how many charges. The media were calling for mental examinations, and possible institutionalization. Good grief...where do you want to draw the line? What if this had been your kid? Or you? Anyone can be stupid. Nothing happened or would have. A real bomb would have been hidden...she still should not have done it....but we MUST stop being scared of our shadows. Your chance of being blown up in an airport is still less than dieing by being hit by a meteor...or some similar long shot.

Then you had the cops beat the crap out of that kid for acting like a jerk during an open forum with John Kerry. (John Kerry even thought the cops over reacted. To be fair, so did the jerk.) Hey, I know lots of people (even myself) who have acted like a jerk at one time or another. It's the same societal response. I pray we stop. I don't like where it's all going. Police, and lawyers over the top.

QUESTION AUTHORITY!! Before you can't any more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

'Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and surrender both.'

Benjamin Franklin

(approximately, from memory)

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the quote. I think I'll get on bumper stickers and T shirts. Then sell em on the net. What do you think?

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home