Friday, October 06, 2006

Fate

State of Denial, the new book by Woodward, deals in endless politicing, manipulation, deck stacking, power playing and the like. It's really quite facinating the length people go in these areas, and the energy they expend. What is funny is that after all is said, decided, and done it all boils down to fate.

I must say in my personal life this truth has saved me a fair amount of grief and worry. Although those who know me will say I spend lots of time trying to arrange outcomes! And I am no stranger to worry. But w/o realizing this I'd be worse! We have to do what we can, right? Then the rest...fate...or Gods will...or both.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

not that i'm into Woodward's book...

but i am into Jim, so here's a link to an abridged version of the book, for those who may be interested: http://www.slate.com/id/2150955

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woodward had a good interview on Meet the Press - he was very frustrated with the Bush government denials of his story and what he thinks is his honest assessment. It was interesting. I have listened to Woodward a number of times and he has never sounded this perplexed.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home