Saturday, October 07, 2006

Who's in Denial?

Slate.com says Woodward's new book is the "hottest" thing going right now. I wonder why? Maybe people are sheep. Stupid, gullible sheep. Which I guess we are, however....
I'll tell you the reason I bought the book, besides that I thought it might be fun to read.
I was around during Watergate. I supported Nixon almost till the end. Woodward took a lot of political heat as I remember during that time. He had it out for Nixon the Republicans said. It was implied Woodward was an evil, liberal journalist. Well maybe he did hate Nixon, and maybe he was a liberal, but he was not evil, and he was not lieing. Nixon was. So is he putting his long, respected, award winning career on the line to misrepresent the truth? Maybe....maybe not. Time will tell. But for now this, for me, falls in the category of "fool me once...".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home