Sunday, April 22, 2007

Where it is tomorrow, today.

My sister-in-law called today from Taiwan! (Tomorrow today, get it?) It was nice to hear from her. She even said she reads my blog! (Hi Laura...) My brother couldn't talk because he was in bed asleep. (What??)

The markets are at record highs...with one important exception...the S&P 500. It is a broader market indicator than the DOW (500 vs 30 companies). Get this, if all you had done for the last 15 years is hold the S&P; that is, you held it through the entire bull market of the late 90s, and held through the whole bear market in early 2000 until now; you are still NOT whole. It's simplistic, I know, but worth noting. If you watch financial news, you may have noticed we have not heard much from John Bogle. If the S&P moves to a new high, I wonder if we will.

Jen asked me to go shopping with her yesterday. She had a bathing suit on hold. The sales clerk brought it out, and I argued that it was not a bathing suit. It was two small scraps of cloth; they were $45...each. She did not try it on.
She said she would go shop with her mother later...good.
On the way home, she reminded me she would be driving by the end of this year. I said, "No, you are my little girl. You do not drive, and you do not wear bikinis." :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

Lord have mercy! not ready for that stage of fathering!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home