Thursday, May 10, 2007

How do you relax?

Here is what I do in a normal day to relax. Of course, It begs the question, "What is a normal day?" Remember, these are activities to relax, they can be fun as well; however, there are more fun things to do than these.

Morning...a comfortable chair, good coffee, reading, and prayer. Sometimes I write, it's mostly nonsense, but it clears the head. Most days...I work out. Not to hard, but not slop. The goal is to get refreshed, not waisted. Later in the day...I like to read a good novel. Or I like naps...about a half hour is best. Up to an hour is OK. Night...a walk...around the block, barefoot whenever weather permits. I like to do that most days. It started when I used to walk the dog. Sometimes someone will join me, but it's usually a loner. And don't forget a glass of red wine in the evening! One is good. Two is acceptable.

What do you do to relax? I know someone is going to say "sex", but that is kind of obvious.
So, any other ideas?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

what's wrong with obvious ;-)

anyway, i was thinking about this, and i think maybe i don't try to relax enough. instead, i have this concept of 'free time', but what i do, like surf *some more* is not necessarily relaxing.

i'm very good at taking naps ;-)

i read some offline: Wired, SI and usually a book going. that's relaxing, right?

pretty sure i need to improve at this...

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home