Monday, January 07, 2008

We the People...

I keep hearing Hillary, and or Obama will just govern by the opinion poll. This is supposed to point to some kind of weak leadership style. Think! That is exactly what they should do. It is what the Bush Administration has NOT done. In America the government is supposed to do the bidding of "the people". It's not perfect, but it is the alternative to governing by just listening to a few loud, powerful individuals. If anyone runs on the idea of not listening to "the people", be wary. We are to be a government for the people and by the people.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

not that simple, Jim. we are a republic. we have representatives. this can be a good thing.

the masses really are asses who follow Lindsay and Britney and buy lottery tickets. i don't think we want pure democracy...

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a pure democracy, no. But by the people, and for the people. That means they watch opinion polls.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that saying "the masses are asses" - some truth to that. Actually Bush was voted by the majority. They elected him and his view of running the country. Which brings me back to Sean's saying.....

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me - Charlie in Taiwan - All my stuff is in Chinese and I can't figure out how to get it to English

6:59 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Good, unfortunate point.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I expressed my point correctly. I'll try again sometime.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home