Thursday, February 07, 2008

#@%&!! School!!

Yeah. I never did like school growing up, and now that my kids go, I hate it even more. It's not that I have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with the kind of authority schools exhibit. I'm not sure how I'd define it though...
"absolute, stupid, bureaucratic authority" maybe? Or how about "fascist"?

Here is the deal, my boys seem to get in trouble a lot at school. We had to take one out and home school him. They busted him royal for smoking a cigarette. What BS. I don't care if he smokes... HORRORS!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not permissive. I drug test all my kids. I want to give them one more deterrent for that, but smoking a cigarette? Good grief. What's the deal. Is it dangerous? Unhealthy? So is driving or eating junk food...
I'm rambling. My other boy is getting in trouble now...horsing around, not sitting in his seat, talking, and other "major offenses" that win him detention...just make him do a couple laps around the school, damn it.

So many schools are dominated by women, and designed for girls! My daughter has never been a problem...go figure. Anyhow, I hate getting calls and emails from the women teachers and the women principles (never male teachers...seriously!) that my boy did not sit in his seat, or talks too much (he is loud).
I have them call my wife. I'm starting to loose patience with the whole stupid BS show...There, I said it and I'm glad...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

this is so interesting (esp. the drug testing)!

i'm not quite as down on school as you. i want my children to put in a reasonable effort at being good and doing good work.

the feminine culture is a major problem. but aren't there some benefits from the socialization? you know, the work world isn't rosy all the time, either...

6:01 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

We decided to drug test since drug use so prevalent with kids. They think it's all fun and games. We have even seen it with the youth group kids...so. It was tough. My daughter especially is very responsible and had her feelings hurt by testing her...but it gives them one more thing to say to the peer pressure. "My strict, terrible parents will nail me." Maybe we will...(it's not a sophisticated test)...I'm a little torn about it, but we have done it in the past.

And, yes, I know school has benefits! This post was some venting on my part. I have called the school and discussed how to handle the problems better. I'm sure it will work out.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again. Jim, about that school with all the women. One male teacher has it in for Taylor, just because Taylor went to the dark side - heavy metal punk. I'm kidding about the dark side; a lot of the music is great. Have you seen him lately? Black hair, black T-Shirts, studded belts. We don't all want the prepsters. I love it.

Anyhoo. I was royally ticked off at this teacher, but came up with methods to politely handle situations and at the same time help Taylor deal with unfair people.

I hope this doofus teacher quits next year and is replaced with a woman. hah. Women rule. Or at least like to think so.

We had to deal with some 16 year old attitude problems, too, that needed adjustment. It's not easy being 'rents, is it?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Bummer, Julie. And I'm really venting here...so...I shouldn't do that, huh.
I might get into trouble!

My brother and his wife are teachers! Did you notice no comment from him? If would be something like,
"Go blow, Jim." JK :-)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home