Friday, April 24, 2009

Woodward Park

I took Sydney to Woodward Park. It has to be one of the nicest parks in the country. And what a gorgeous day. We just sat, and talked and watched the world go by. We used to go there all the time when we were dating (many years ago).

I was watching a Carrie Underwood music video (All American Girl, which I like since I have a daughter)...she had Tulsa as a background...cool....she's from Oklahoma. It amazes me all the country superstars from Oklahoma. Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, Vince Gill, Reba Mcentire, Leon Russell...and there are many more. Amazing! I'm not a big country fan, but told Luke (my musically talented kid) he should think about it.

On the dark side...Aerosmith is coming to Tulsa. I kind of want to see them, but I'll be expensive...$100-200/seat....if you want to see.

My brother Charlie broke his leg...cause he is uncoordinated... :-)

He went to the hospital, and for $5 he had X-rays, saw two doctors, was put in a cast and given medication, all in 35 minutes. Think about that the next time your sitting in an emergency room with a broken arm (like I did), or needing stitches (done that too), and you sit and wait 4 hours to see a doctor, then wait 3 more hours before your finally done. After that you get to go fight with your insurance company about who pays what. Why should that be the status quo? Do we really have some kind of superior health care system to everyone else? Is it even remotely possible we are getting sold a bill of goods while we get fleeced by insurance companies and health professionals? I'm not saying so, I'm just giving the facts...blah, blah.

Ah...Woodward Park...what a nice place...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Charles Aldag said...

It is easier here because the only thing between me and my doctor is the government, not "for profit" healthcare companies :-)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I've noticed that even where people bitch about their govt run health care (Canadians), they still don't want ours!
We're sold a bill of goods. And the insurance companies have paid for, and control the "reform" process...I guess we'll muddle through, and pray to stay well.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home