Friday, January 16, 2009

RU Fireproof ?

My parents are here, and we thought we would to go to a movie. It's nearly impossible to find one I can take them to! I mean one in which there is not some element of rudeness, language, sex, potty (or otherwise embarrassing) humor, or a combination of these. It's not that they're prudes, it's just that they are my parents! My mom said she heard "Fireproof" was good. I said, "let's go!" since it would not be my choice if the movie had any of the ingredients I mentioned here... :-) Yeah, I know...

I had not heard of this movie. It's low budget for sure. The subject matter is marriage, from a Christian point of view. The film does a great job of expounding the Christian mind set, and relational methods that build a solid marriage (or saves one). It was also a tear jerker...and I'm getting to be such a baby...jeez.
Max went with us (age 14), and I'm glad because he will probably remember this stuff, and will hopefully put it into practice. I think I'll take my older kids back to see it later...I may have to coerce them; however, I think it would be worth it because the material was really well presented. They would come away with something that might really help them someday.
Anyhow, I recommend the flick.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Ponderer said...

I've heard nothing but good comments about the movie. I believe anything that encourages the marriage relationship would be good. I'll probably still wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it from my own recliner.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Good call, you'll like it.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home