Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Odds and Ends

The tree is down, and the decorations stored away. Now tomorrow it's back to work. Christmas was nice. One of my gifts was a Springsteen CD, live in London (1975). It's fantastic, Yeah, I'm showing my age, but I'd recommend it to anyone. Very high energy stuff.
The Big Ten did alright in bowls yesterday, with the notable exception of Michigan. They just didn't come to play. They are a better team than that. The Fiesta bowl was the best game of all although OU will never live down the loss...well, not for a long time.
I saved a video copy of the Saddam hanging. I don't know why, and I'll probably delete it since it is disgusting. It's an uncensored look inside Iraqi political life. There is no order, or security. It looks like a mob lynching. Pathetic. And I think it speaks volumes, nothing good.
Last, another Christmas gift was an Ohio State neon sign! I'll have in the front window on the 8th. Go Bucks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

75 Springsteen?! dude, you're old! ;-)

the bowls are really not a fair representation of team strength, since they haven't played in a month, but, oh well... make a list of all the ways the BSC is non-ideal. that's ok. it's *supposed* to be amateur. maybe we don't *have* to determine the best team in America ;-)

i watched the video of Saddam's execution, also. i felt like i should. you're right. it looked pretty bad. but i don't think it rules out the fact that he deserved to die.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I agree all...RU rooting for the Buckeyes next week?

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home