Friday, August 01, 2008

Politics!!!

To sum up the rhetoric this week...

Obama's message is "hope".
McCain's message is "fear".

Obama is still trying to take the high road. It didn't work for John Kerry, remember Swift Boat? I hope he does not wait too long to confront what the McCain campaign is putting out there. Jon McCain seems to be closing the gap in the polls. This saddens me. And don't get me wrong. Obama is human, and will NOT deliver all he promises; however, I think it would be fantastic to have a President who is intelligent, philosophical, and popular. I hear so much about Obama being so liberal he won't get anything done. That is not true. He wants to build unity. That will take compromise; he knows that. John McCain and his campaign sound absolutely, cruel lately (look past the smiles). They go as far as to imply Obama is the anti-christ!! Ugh. I hope, and pray we all see through the Republican attacks, and insist on discussions about the candidates plans for the country if they are given power. The current flow of things is somewhat sickening.

"Hope"...or..."fear", choose wisely, that's my take on things in a nut shell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

i agree with your take in general, Jim. more than hoping Obama answers the attacks, i hope he doesn't stoop to attacks and can still win. is that asking too much?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That would be perfect.
I hope he doesn't have to stoop down and counter attack. Maybe more aggressive truth campaigns, like... stopthesmears.com would work.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home