Monday, September 15, 2008

COX Cable...an epilogue...

Did anyone read my Cable Company post last week (see below)? I have rather limited readership of this blog. However, it just so happened that a COX Cable employee read that post, and left an anonymous comment! They offered to get me in touch with someone who could resolve my problem. My first reaction was that I was getting punked in some way, or that someone might be after personal information. It's not that I have trust issues, or am paranoid. It's just that, although it's a fantastic tool, you have to keep your guard up on the internet. After all, it was an anonymous comment (under the name "Will")! I responded that I was skeptical; however, they could leave contact info in the comments if they wanted to do so, and that I would follow up. The next day I had someone to contact by email (Christine). We set up a time for a phone call in order to go over my problems. We had that call today. Christine is in "communications" (I think thats it). I believe the first COX employee to leave the anonymous comment (Will) was also in communications. First of all, Christine made sure she understood me. I tend to ramble...to say the least...it's something I try to keep in check...however, it happens...Anyhow, she repeated what I was trying to explain to be sure we were on the same page...she showed great personal skills...and told me where she would go for a solution, and that I would hear from her colleague (Jennifer) later today... I did. Jennifer had my problem outlined in detail, and had ALL the issues resolved. She left me with direct contact information in the event I have any further problems. Amazing. So, I'm glad I stayed with COX! I asked Will how on earth he stumbled upon my web blog. Although he didn't come right out and say so; however, I got the impression that he and other COX employees search the web for this kind of thing! That sounds like forward, proactive thinking. Anyhow, I am quite impressed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

great news, Jim!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yup.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home