Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bobby Bowden

Like I've said over, and over ad nauseam, this has been one of the toughest years of my life. Definitely top 5, probably top three. Florida St. coach Bobby Bowden shed some light on this today.
He was answering questions about problems in his football program. He explained that all the teams have problems somewhere along the way. He called them "disappointments", not problems...interesting. Then he personalized things, and got philosophical. He said, "life in many ways is a series of disappointments. It doesn't matter so much that we have them; what matters is how we react to them. And how we respond to them will determine whether we fail or succeed". He closed by saying they would deal with the team's disappointments, and turn them to their advantage. I really needed to hear that. I try to be proactive with disappointments, but to "deal with them and turn them to my advantage"? Very timely, so I wanted to post those words. It helps me to remember them. And maybe someone else will benefit from them as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home