Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sameasthem?

"Sameasthem" is an internet name I chose to indicate that at the end of the day we all have a lot in common. (and noone else had used it so it was a good screen name) :-)...

The point is, weather your young or old, rich or poor, educated or not, live in a big city or in a remote village in the jungle. We all want to feel like we matter, that we are loved and are able to love someone else. We all laugh, cry, celebrate, worry, and think things through. For all that makes us unique, we still share these qualities. So what, right? Tell you something you don't know, right?...I'll never do that! :-) ha

So why pontificate? It all goes back to health care...Gotcha! No, don't stop reading here, I really want to make another point. It might even be seen as a prayer request. I would love meaningful health care, at least a safety net...in case I (or those I love) ever need it, but I am not hopeful that it will happen...which brings me to the point of all this blather...

The political climate in this country has even more gotten toxic than during the Presidential election. (I didn't think that was possible.) It's so bad we (friends, family, neighbors) can't even talk about things anymore. Maybe more important, our leaders can't talk about important issues. We are so polarized.

The truth is, first, like I said, we are really in many ways all in the same boat. And second, both sides of each issue are probably about half right, as well as half wrong. The best solutions tend to be in the middle. We won't get there if we just dig in our heals and flip each other off...(ie California)...or pick your own example, there are many...there, now I'm done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home