Sunday, October 12, 2008

And the beat rolls on.

OU lost to Texas! Why? Texas brought it to them in the third quarter, and part of the fourth. Consecutively...touchdown, field goal, touchdown, touchdown...That's the game. I don't care how many bad calls there were, and there were several. Texas beat us hands down. It's a tough game every year. So another undefeated team goes down (OU).
But how bout them pokes! I'm waiting to see this weeks rankings.

I got to watch the Ohio State game. They squeaked by Purdue. They do not look like they have any intensity. They are not playing like a national contender (which they are not, I guess). They play flat. I still think it boils down to coaching. I know, I know, everyone loves Jim Tressell...he has a lot of integrity, and class. And that is needed at Ohio State. I just think more motivation, drive and focus are also needed at this point.

I'll tell you what's intense...work! OMG, why did I throw out my xanax? No one saw the current environment coming. No one. In the last big down turn, I had some warning. This time was different. This was a crash. It is going to be more about being proactive, and deciding what to do next. How to best make up ground. There will be some incredible opportunities...it's a matter of determining what they are.

I heard someone joke about the "bailout", or rather "recapitalization plan"...Did you see the G7 using that term? They must have read my blog...leave a comment guys!! :-)
I'm rambling....here's the joke...The bailout is for Wall Street? How can that be? Wall St. is gone! True. Stunning, but true.

I also attended my brother in law's fathers funeral this weekend. They asked me to pray. At the last minute they decided to make it a funeral for his mom as well, (she died many yrs ago...it's a long story). I started the prayer using what I thought was her name. Then I thought...what if that's not it? So I stopped the prayer and asked...I think my prayer kind lost something at that point...I apologized.
Speaking of prayer, I am still praying for leaders to find a solution to this financial mess...unless this the appointed end.

God always wins you know...and we want Him to, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Ponderer said...

Up and down in football this weekend, OU down, OK ST and TU up. Dallas Cowboys, down. I feel like a yo-yo. Come to think about it...the stock market and presidental race makes me feel that way too!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

At last the political season is ending!
Or is it? Anyhow, let's hope so.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home