Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Odds, Ends, and the Family...ie Rambling...

If you never pray for government leaders, this would be a good time to start. Pray for wisdom, insight, unity, and Gods will to come through. I'm in financial services, and last week we almost had the system stop...that means you can't get your money, no joke...That would have been terrible. It may have stayed like that for a week or more. Can you imagine? Even in college, we learned that the banking system is a house of cards, it always has been. So some day it may unravel...but we should not invite that scenario...I'm not defending anyone on Wall Street either. I'm just thinking about all of us living our lives in peace, and dignity...

So, on to happier subjects! Max is into paint ball now...and he wants gear (expensive!) I told him to wait and see if he stays interested for more than a month...I have an object lesson I can point to so he understands. It's a set of drums. He wanted those drums sooo badly. He drummed on everything, all the time. "Dad, I just love to drum...it's who I am." Wow...so we got the drum set, which was cool since I learned to play (nothing complicated). I've always wanted to do that. Max, however, lost interest with in a few weeks. So, now the drums are mine...I'll keep them for awhile. But Max is not that way in everything. He stayed with Wu Shu for over a year now.

This has been an extremely stressful year. My worst ever, stress wise. I think that is true for a lot of people. So I am trying to adapt, as when these kind of patterns set in they usually remain for some time. So, I have decided to drink more wine...kidding. No, I exercise, walk the dog, read, pray, and try to prioritize (work is off the hook busy).
I am close to breaking my "return all phone calls" rule. There is just not enough time in the day. I know people who don't return calls because they think it's "executive", I think it's "inconsiderate", so I need to find a solution which lets people know the reason is time...ideas anyone?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of politics...it's funny, for all the comments I've made (all throughly thought out in my melancholy mind) I have not once had someone say "Hey, you make a good point."...that is, unless they agreed with me in the first place. (Hey, I've told people I disagree with I think they have a good point when they do...Really!) So...I guess we all develop our ideologies over a long period of time, and they are based not only in our intellect, but also our emotions. So, it's a tough nut to crack.

I'm thinking of ways to get involved in my local church again. I see so many get involved, then lead, then get frustrated, then quit. So, I'm a little timid about doing anything; however, it's on my mind.

Jen is working on "character"...this is her own project. She has been much easier to get along with since she started. Luke is doing lots with his music...two bands, lessons, and may go to work at a music store...I told him today that a friend of his is going into engineering...he replied that he had a level 54 Paladin....HAHA...He kills me.

Last Sydney and I...we are taking a pottery class together...wheel...she is the best in class...I am not.
We really want to take a trip...but the logistics! :-)

If you read all the way through this blather, thanks for listening!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Jim. Don't know what to think about banking system - I am sure most don't - they just see 700B and wonder why. Thanks for the insight on how bad it could be. I'll keep my money in Taiwan right now :-)

Thanks for update on family - read the whole "blather" - sounds like good stuff with family.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Sean Meade said...

Max and i both have trouble with wanting expensive things that we might not really want later. we do try to have the twins make lists and put some of their own skin in the game.

sorry for your stress. do you have voice mail or someone who takes a message. you could put some kind of check in there. eg, is email better for you? you could point them to email. anyplace to point them to easy answers?

i'm getting involved in my local church again, too, and i like it pretty well. singing and teaching adult sunday school. no meetings!

wow, character's an impressive project. Elizabeth's is healthy eating. impressive daughters!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home