Friday, July 10, 2009

To my young friends...revised...

This was in another post...however....I thought I was not expressing myself very well. I am not in a position to really address this...it's complicated...so I put it on my blog...maybe they will read it...and I don't want to go and insult other friends either...so this is revised....

To my young friends (you know who you are) trial separations do not solve marital problems. The problems will still be there after you get back together. You have to compromise and work things out. Get help if you can.

IDK, maybe if you tried to view your marriage as a permanent relationship, just like the one with your kids. It doesn't matter if they (kids) behave badly, or disappoint you, right? You keep trying, and trying. Sometimes it eats at your gut, I know! But you are not giving up on them (kids)...ever...no matter what...hard as it is. And the work will most likely be worth it in the end...Syd and I try to apply that concept to our marraige...and I don't deserve her, I know, so I am thankful for that.

It's hard, and there are no guarantees in marriage (or life really). Many marriages end, even with a lot of effort...but back to my point...trial separation? Hmmm...Getting help? A pastor, friends, family, a counselor? Better...
And try to kop that attitude..."I want this to be a permanent relationship"...it gives you staying power.
I love you guys...hang in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home