Friday, July 24, 2009

I've always been a GM owner...however...

Let's see...GM declares bankruptcy...which they have now miraculously completed....Preplanned? Absolutely...In the process they eliminated hundreds of local dealerships, many which were profitable to the company! Why?

It's simple economics. They are eliminating supply. Now their new ads declare "it's never been a better time to buy a GM car, since the price you pay is the price on the car"...I translate that into you pay sticker price!!
Period, no negotiating, no deals. What? Grrr.

Declare bankruptcy, which screws investors...Eliminate supply, which screws local businessmen... Then refuse to work out a deal...who does that screw...Hmmmm...everyone....I expected better...really.

I think I'm going to check into Fords, for my American car option...the company (Ford) has been well run in the last year (a tough business environment to say the least!)...They have not declared bankruptcy, or accepted government assistance...(However, I believe they eliminated dealers like GM, and Chrysler...corporate management across the industrial board has been ruthless the last year or so)...Is that ok? Is it good old capitalism? Or is it something else? (Another post for sure.)

Anyhow...Ford Motors the only US car company not mostly government owned...and I think you can still make a deal at the local dealer...the best time to buy a GM car my foot...it smells...bad...don't you think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous charles Aldag said...

But what about your Tahoe? Does Ford have a car as sweet at that?

3:55 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Not even close.
:-(

What I'm really doing here is expressing my distaste for badly managed companies...all of them...hint, hint....can you think of any other badly managed companies I might be disappointed with? Because, at the end of the day that is what it is...they are only victims of their own decisions...and I know I need to forgive the people (even execs) who make bad decisions because I have made many myself...

So the trip back was ok? Sorry, I meant to call before you left.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous charles Aldag said...

Yep, over jet lag and really busy moving and unpacking. I haven't even looked at what to do with my new classroom! Next week.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home