Friday, December 11, 2009

H1N1 Epilogue...Part I is below....

I am recording this in order to remember it if anything else... so sorry if it's boring.
Its Dec. 11...I went to the gym for the first time since I took ill. (Three weeks ago). I weighed in at 150. That's down from 162! Amazing...I went for a swim, and was surprised at how weak I was. I managed 700 yards...I expected to do 1000 yards. Come to think of it, I still get tired easily. If I do a little cleaning, or have to climb to get something it really takes it out of me.

I ate my first full meal on Monday Dec. 7...my birthday! (which is nice...cake you know). So I am guessing I am at about 85-90% of full recovery. I have asked at pharmacies, and other neutral places about flu shots. I don't want to go to the doctors office for one. In fact, I went in to see my doc for a regular check up about one week before coming down with this...so I guess I caught it then...stay out of doctor offices!

I am thankful no one got this from being around me...Jen and Sydney were around quite a bit just to get me what I needed; when I couldn't get out of bed w/o the room spinning, and being winded, and vomiting...and I was afraid they might be next. Thank God it was not the case. So, I think this is all I'll say about my H1N1 experience...it was the sickest I have ever been by far...it scared me.

So on the bright side...Sydney made it a fantastic Thanksgiving...she has never had the opportunity (other family always does this...and don't get me wrong, she's not complaining)...and the kids said she would not let anyone leave the table til they played a game. She says, "The family that plays together, stays together." Good words, and true.
She also finished 95% of the Christmas shopping...stepping up to the plate on that one! Sydney likes to shop, and I was not around to hinder her with schedules (or budgets, although she stayed pretty much on target... :-)
I lost 10 pounds right at the holidays...nice! So I can have some extra pie if I want some...I still would not recommend H1N1 as a diet.

Last, I had a lot of time to think. I haven't said anything about this, but I got really depressed after a week into this...during the worst of the sickness. It has passed; however, I thought some things through that had mostly bounced around in my head for a long time. They were issues surrounding work. And other issues relating to friends (or lack thereof) in my life.
I ended up in a place where I trusted God with these. It's a good place to be for now. I hope to be sensitive to what God leads. Now I am content. Laying in bed sick just happened to help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

wish i was still in Tulsa for regular wine tasting, my friend :-)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That would be cool Sean.

Bryan and I plan to do a tasting after the holidays...

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home