Sunday, November 01, 2009

About my last post....and some rambling thoughts.

I guess you're never too young to trick or treat. (See my picture in the last post?) We had the fewest kids come by since we moved here 10 years ago. :-(
I felt sorry for Max, cause he loves this stuff and couldn't go out on account of his broken leg.

We have had the nicest weather I can remember for the end of Oct. this weekend. I also think we're over due! It's been non-stop cloudy, and rainy for what seems like two months...blah. We grilled out, and had a great family dinner. I love those.

Have you ever thought about what makes you tic? What's your passion? What do you live for? What makes getting up everyday worth it? These are good questions to ponder now and then...and the answers change as your life changes. I don't buy the "one thing" idea from Urban Cowboy myself, it can be several things. One of mine is my family. I am passionate about my family, being a husband and father, and trying to do it right...loving, teaching, serving, helping kids grow to mature, independent, Godly adults....I'm rambling here...a tangent from the family dinner...yes....family is not my only passion, but is the only one I'll bore you with (if you're still reading this).

I went to the maul today (for new clothes)...Am I the last person to give up cargo pants? I saw only one person all day wearing them, and it was me...everyone was in jeans...and to make matters weirder, there were NO cargo pants for sale, EXCEPT at The Gap on the clearance rack. This puzzles me...cargo pants are far, far more comfortable than jeans...and how about all the extra pockets? I don't get it, I really don't. I finally found a pair in, of all places...Wal-Mart ($15), so I got them. There you go.

I rooted for the Vikings today over Green Bay. I like Brett Farve, and think he got lousy treatment at Green Bay. I know their is plenty of blame to go around, I just think the organization trumped the humanity in this situation...So, I'm glad the Vikings won. And I would love it if they also won the Super Bowl this year...

That's all for now...thanks for reading this silly stuff.

4 Comments:

Anonymous charlieIII said...

Pretty soon you will have to find your cargo pants at the Volunteers of America store. Don't give your style or comfort. I wear cargo shorts - love the pockets! Don't wear the pants - Laura hates the pockets - also, only wear long pants to work - only cold here for a couple months. Good luck in your search!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks for the advice... :-)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Sean Meade said...

when the kids were 2, Halloween in Tulsa was hot! so that would be as recently as 2001 ;-)

i love my family (of course), but the thing i'm probably most excited about right now is losing weight and getting fit. i love it that, when another month goes by, i'll be in a better place on those things than i am now.

yes, you are the last person to give up cargo pants ;-) but who cares?! wear what you like!

Vikings winning a Super Bowl? too good to be true! :-)

8:23 PM  
Blogger sameasthem said...

Ever seen the old guy in smelly stripped pants and a plaid shirt?
I fear that will be my destiny if I don't pay minimal attention to what is in style...still wearing cargo though...

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home