Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Rainy...I have nothing to say here..just a little odds and ends deal.

It has rained almost daily for the last month. Living in Oklahoma I've learned to really appreciate a nice, cool, rainy day..which I have...but a nice, cool, rainy month? No...
So I am ready for some sun shine.

The kids are out for fall break. I might have to put them to work, because Grammy, and Granddad are coming to see us. Better clean up some! It's always good to see Grammy and Granddad.

We haven't been making church lately. I'm not sure what to do about that. I know I need to be with other believers, if anything just to contribute something, or encourage someone. That's an important part of life. However, church tends to be the loneliest hour of the week for me. My mom says maybe it's because I don't love people enough. Hmmm. IDK about that...in fact, I don't think that's fair.

Work has been good. The market has had quite a run...most of it quite unexpected...but I'm not complaining!

I'm reading The Secret History....which I understand is a relatively old book...10-15 years old?...I like it. It is well written, and really draws you into the story. I read the other day a section where one main character had to spend a winter in an unheated apartment. I literally felt cold after reading. I expected to look outside and see snow. Funny...Other than that, it is a creepy book about a murder...and I recommend it.

Luke's band opened for Chthonic last week. I found out after the fact this is an award winning, international band...from Taiwan. I wish I had stayed longer.

That's all...I just thought I'd blog something random....this is it.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ponderer said...

I had the week off too (but for Friday) and I had so many plans for getting the yard cleaned and trimmed up for the winter. I have another friend who moved here from Ohio 30 years agao. And he said that is why he moved from there - the grey skies all winter.

I have not been to church in a long while myself. I find most I have attended are too busy with activities to concentrate on what we are to gather for: remembering the Christ and encouraging one another.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home