Friday, February 16, 2007

Reads

It's quiet this Friday night. Sydney is out of town. Max is at a sleepover, and the other two kids are out. So I've been doing some reading. Here is what I've been up to lately. I finished, "The Pentagons New Map" which I enjoyed. Globalization is suggested as an important piece of the puzzle, which can preserve civilization as we know it. I wonder if the author has commented on the developments in Iraq since he published the work. (I'm sure he has.) I gave the book to my dad to read. I look forward to discussing it with you dad!
I also just started two other books. First, "The Sacred Cosmos" by Nichols. He is a Catholic Theologian. The book is an attempt to reconcile science and religion. It is mostly philosophical, and I've found it quite interesting. I also just started, "The Forgotten Soldier". This is a memoir of a German soldier during WWII. My brother, Charlie (an avid WWII buff) recommended this one. Soon everyone will be home, so I believe I'll go back and read a little longer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

um, yeah, he's written about Iraq. like almost every day ;-)

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home