Thursday, August 20, 2009

OK, then...

So this dude at work has been emailing a list of radically conservative political propaganda (Glen Beck type stuff)...Sometimes he sends two, or three emails a day...he's really got too much time on his hands... :-)

He thinks he will effect change this way. The emails express (those he chooses to forward) are the kind of ideas that promote hate, and fear; and some are frankly...offensive.

I finally asked him to take me off his list.

But he sends this crap every couple weeks anyhow. I just delete them without reading. Last week he asked if I read the last email he sent. I told him no, I delete his emails. He said I was thin skinned...I told him I was not, and to back off.

Today he came by and said, "Sorry for your loss"...since Ted Kennedy died (I'm not a Kennedy fan though...I kind of think the whole family is over rated.)....but my coworker added he was glad Kennedy died...I said, "You shouldn't ever be happy someone dies esp. of something like brain cancer"...I got a dirty look for that comment. He hates just like material he spends all his time reading...sad....but I wonder...

Was it the chicken, or the egg? Did spending considerable time reading, editing, and distributing, then probably discussing this BS make him hate, or does he read and like what reflects what's inside anyhow...I imagine he hates me too...since I agree with democrats on some issues...Hmmm...

Both sides of big issues do this, (promote hate and fear)...and they are both wrong...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Ponderer said...

Yep. A lot of propaganda on both sides.

Bottom line for me is just keep me free. I will work on taking care of myself, family, church and the causes that "float my boat".

Making me pay for healthcare for someone who would rather be making $400 car payments instead of buying insurance chaps my butt. (How'd I get here from there?) LOL

4:36 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

But don't you pay for health care now? I pay a lot!
Pray they can find a way for us to pay less...that's what I'm doing.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home