Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something good...

Sometimes it seems like I have nothing nice to say. This last year that has been true. I haven't found much to like. My therapist says I'm grieving...
At the same time, I am thankful for so much...

Besides the usual things (family, health, job), and the most important things (Jesus in my life, forgiveness, and what goes with it) the weather here has been phenomenal...cool, and dry...like southern California...I get to go for long walks with the dog at night...it's great...

I have really enjoyed reconnecting with old friends from HS, and college on FB. That occurred just this year. What a blessing! And I've gotten to read some really good books. (Not Evolution of God...I just thought it was interesting...but I think I'm the only one...it's just what I do. When I heard preachers saying speaking in tongues was unscriptural, and potentially demonic; I didn't just take their word for it, I went out and got books by Oral Roberts and Kenneth Haggin, and read their arguments...no kidding.) Rambling here...

Let's see...books...The Last Secret of the Temple, Praying, Evangelism and The Sovereignty of God, John Adams, The October Horse, Caesar, all were great....Sydney has suffered through my train wreck with me but we are getting along better than ever (well that's my opinion...she may not see it that way...I 'll ask her.)

God blesses...

So, I'm going for a walk, with my buddy...the dog...it is going to rain tomorrow...np, we need it... :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

whatcha grieving, buddy?

grief and gratitude can TOTALLY co-exist.

(reply by email or give me a heads up if you reply here, ok?)

best!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's just what my therapist said (grieving)..they complicate everything you know...I'm just pissed.
I'll send you an email with the sordid details... :-)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home