Friday, September 04, 2009

Obama plans a speech to kids at school...so...that's nice...

I heard about this on the news, because there is apparently an uproar from parents about the speech. The complaint is that Obama is indoctrinating kids, brainwashing, and interfering in their lives.
If you look past the pundits (who sell commercial time if they get us to watch and get worked up) to the official release...it is just a speech about the importance of education, and the need to take responsibility for your life. No gov. questionnaire, no demand for community service (as if that's bad)...just a speech.

This anti Obama speak looks personal (not political) to me...

Now the census...that's another story...talk about invasive! It doesn't stop with how many people are in your family. Its...how many people are in each bedroom, who are they, how many toilets in your house, income levels, number of prescriptions you have...the document is pages and pages long. We have to fill it out completely by law...we can go to jail for refusing...What!...Why are we bitching about a Presidential speech, when we should be really bitching loud about this thing...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Ponderer said...

Friday I got a notice from the government saying our household had been chosen at random to take a survey on healthcare and someone from the CDC would be calling to take a survey. They gave a toll free number to call to confirm this was legitimate.

I shreded the paper and when the call from the CDC calls I will pass.


I want my government to protect me from enemies from without and within. They do not need to know about my health, habits, or what I have in my home.

It is getting a bit too creepy for my comfort level.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I really think this is an area to complain about loudly, because the media is silent on the issue. Get this...my brother got a census questionnaire two years ago (during the Bush Admn...who had plenty of invasive policies...that's were I got this story. It's wrong to pin it all on Obama...he didn't transform the govt in 6m, it's been like this for awhile.) Anyhow, he threw it out (3 times), then got a phone call threatening litigation if he didn't comply...no kidding...and further if he continued to ignore mailings someone would be out to his house...what is this crap! I think I have the story right. If not if my family reads this they will correct me, I'm sure.
We should protest this...I'm writing my congressmen today, and calling CNBC if I get a census (or any other) govt. questionnaire.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home