Saturday, June 05, 2010

You think you're "Tough"?

It's Tulsa Tough weekend, which is an absolutely amazing bike event. It includes rides for every skill level, beginers to Pros...no kidding. I like to watch the pros race. They should wear armor. It was rather hot, but that's how it goes in Tulsa...you gotta be "tough"...
:-)

Anyhow, other than that this is just an odds and ends post.

I flew to Dallas for a lunch meeting yesterday. That is bad planning, actually. Any delay screws it up. I get nervous as hell till I get there. Also, it's hard to really get all the time I need if I am coming back the same day. I'll drive next time, and spend the night...which sounds like much better planning to me. It takes a little longer...but not that much. We met a the Gaylord Texan, which is quite an impressive place. The atrium is huge (like a football stadium). It features an all glass ceiling (with the lone star at the top)...And, get this...it's air conditioned!! That is quite a feat in sunny, HOT Dallas Texas! It's another place I'd like to take Sydney sometime.

Luke's band had a gig at a pizza parlor...yes, you read that right, a metal band at a pizza parlor. I said he was crazy. Were they planning to to turn the volume down? NOPE!
He said it turned out to be more a venue setting, where you could order a pizza if you wanted one. There was a cover at the door, and lots of open space, etc.

His guitar strap knob broke before the show...Ugh. He said he got through it. He brings two, or three guitars to gigs. They are tuned differently (for different songs). He did not bring the third (spare) guitar to this show. Live and learn, right?

Jenny went to lake today with my outlaws...Er, I mean in-laws. Just kidding, I love them all. She had fun. I worried. She got mad at me for that...I gave unrequested instruction anyway. I love her a lot, that's all.

Max spent most of the week at a friends house. His wisdom tooth sockets are healing nicely. (His wisdom teeth were extracted last week...that's all the kids...we're done!)

He has great plans for summer. I am glad he is taking this initiative. He is doing some work for extra money. Getting in shape with P90-X (I think that's what it's called.) It's an intense old school workout. His mom (who is a person trainer) does the workout with him. In addition, he is planning extra training in martial arts. He plans to go to two church camps this summer as well.

If only I could get Luke to step up his game and make some better plans. He is working, but he could be doing more...(extra guitar lessons, get ahead in his volunteer commitments...etc.) Oh well...we are all have to find our own way, right?

Sydney and I are still trying to think of a good family vacation. (I know, it's getting kind of late...) It has to be fun...good for teens, not to close, and not too far, and reasonably priced. We will have three in college soon, so I don't want to drop five grand on a summer vacation to Disneyland or something...Yes, I am cheap...so shoot me... :-)

Tomorrow I am going to church for the first time this year. And Max is cooking burgers for the family later in the day...including some "sliders"...Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home