Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break...weekend.

What a nice weekend...!!
I took Thursday, and Friday off...got things done...I love to get things done...

You know, the things on your list that are important (like car maintenance) but you just keep putting them off...WELL, I'M DONE...all caught up.

The weather Thursday and Friday was gorgeous. Sunny and 70, you can't beat that.

So I got outside a lot those days. Sydney and I spent some time together walking, and I went for a swim (indoor pool) :-)
AND a run (outside, of course)...

I walked the dog, went to River Parks...all that. It was great.

I got some time with each of my kids too. I also called my parents, and an old friend during some spare moments.

Sometimes things go well...sometimes things fall into place for awhile...

Sydney says I have to start to handle stress better, or it'll kill me. I agree. It's been too much for too long, and a great deal of it is manageable...Weekends like this are part of the solution....so is deep breathing, and eating right...Sydney has a list to follow...Lists, you have to love lists, so I'm on it.

70 on Friday, and 5 inches of snow on Saturday. What a perfect excuse to sit and finish the book I've been reading, and start a new one.

I got to Skype my brother Sat night..it's always nice to talk to him.

Sunday most the snow melted...Oklahoma weather is great...so I got out again...went for another swim...on my way out I brushed the snow off my daughters car...

Then I got a, "You're the greatest dad in the world." text from her... :-)
Woo!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ponderer said...

A greater text message will never be received!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home