Friday, April 09, 2010

What Changed?

We had The Patriot Act, The Military Tribunal Act, Wireless Wiretapping, and torcher...All illegal and, or unconstitutional. Add tax cuts with no corresponding budget cuts, and a huge UNFUNDED senior drug benefit...both irresponsible spending by the federal govt. And I could go on...there is more, much more...

All this occurred during the Bush years...But tell me, what happened in 2008 that brought on tea partiers, brick throwers, and extremely negative commentary (Obama is Hitler for example (Glen Beck went there)...that's horrible) by political pundits? What?

Yes, we had an unfunded stimulus bill, and a crummy health bill since then... But what? What happened in 2008 that turned things so horribly ugly?

I have a feeling, it's a hunch...and I can't pinpoint specifics; however, this new attitude seems to have racial undertones. I know for a fact there are those who are not only power hungry...but they also do not want a black man in the "White" House.
Is that it? I have a feeling it may be.

I am not at all sure about this, but I want to put in my goofy blog anyhow...Time will tell if I am right. (I have tended to be right about this kind if thing in the past...)

I did not support the Iraq war, or Patriot Act, or a number of other Bush initiatives and I didn't pitch any rocks through windows, or make caustic remarks about it, and I didn't hear of anyone else doing that either.

What changed in 2008 is it became personal for some people who had the power, money, and influence to turn things ugly, and they have.

I don't like the tone...it saddens me. I have a bad feeling about where it could end up. I have been adding a request to prayer lists where I can, that we not only pray for our leaders..we pray they would reconcile, and forgive each other...there is important work to do. And hate will not help anyone...except maybe those sick individuals who hope to gain power at any cost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home