Saturday, May 15, 2010

Psychology....

Psychology...Is it science? IDK...probably in some respects. I know it attempts to be...However, the following struck me today as odd, unfair, and most importantly unscientific.

Many years ago (at least 20) I was in an automobile accident. Someone ran a red light. I am certain the young lady ran the light. She however, accused me of being drunk (I was not drinking at all) and running the light myself. She was getting married the following weekend (which doesn't really matter, but I remember her saying so). In fact, her fiance showed up at the scene of the accident, as did the Tulsa Fire Dept, EMSA, a Life Flight, (there were no injuries at all, it must have been a slow night) and the Tulsa PD (of course). No tickets were issued because we blamed each other...and there were no witnesses.

I gave a phone deposition the next week for the insurance company. So did the young lady. They (the caller) had a police officer, attorney, and insurance rep. on the line. I had no one with me. A week later, the insurance company called and said they had determined the accident was my fault. HUH? They determined I ran the red light. IS THIS A JOKE? They did not accuse me of lieing, they just said they were going to pin the accident on me...WHAT! WHY?? The insurance rep. who called, stated that psychologist have determined that if someone recounts a situation calmly (w/o passion) they are not telling the truth, and that the girl I hit was much more angry in her deposition. "Hell, I was trying to be polite. That's ridiculous." I said. The insurance adjuster just said, "It doesn't matter, there will be no tickets issued, the case is closed, but your insurance will be paying the damages. You could pursue the case for ego purposes, but that's all it would be." I was pissed, but dropped the subject.

Fast forward to this afternoon. We were watching a show in which an "expert" (psychologist) was explaining what they look for in determining if someone is lieing. One of the subjects being interviewed became very animated about their position. They were passionate about what they were explaining/defending. The expert said, "That kind of behavior is a red flag, when determining if they are lieing. If they become animated, and passionate, it indicates they are lieing." WHAT THE?? You're kidding...Who is to say? These "experts" need to be under a heavy burden of proof. They can just make this crap up and we all accept it.

My point?

I WAS INNOCENT TWENTY YEARS AGO!
THE BITCH LIED...I KNEW IT!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home