Saturday, February 17, 2007

Just testing you

Well, Sean...I figured Tom was commenting on Iraq, I was just making sure you knew...
HAHAHA!!! JK... I suppose I'll go read his website again.

We love plumbers! We have had plumbers out to the house four times in the last month. There goes the summer vacation!! (JK again.) We'll have a summer vacation even if it means using credit cards. Ugh.

Syds uncle died. That's why she is out of town. It's a sad time that is even worse because her mom thinks that if you don't believe in Jesus, you burn in hell. But not just that. If you don't believe along a specific, narrow set of conditions you still burn in hell. And that's not the end of it! If you don't follow rules concerning the sacraments; and confession, and repentance you still burn in hell. I wish that was all! You can never be sure you got it all right! You are dealing not just with a vague list of rules; but overt sin, covert sin, and sin of the heart, and mind. Death is terrifying to anyone who believes this way. She grieves a long time after a loved one dies. Saddest of all, she has thought this all through. She is convinced she is right. It's impossible to discuss. I've been praying for her. I know she is really hurting now. And the thought of God does not comfort her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Meade said...

yes. go read Tom's comments on Iraq and report back to me! ;-)

yes, i'm in advanced negotiations with a plumber, too :-)

fundamentalism stinks :-(

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home