Tuesday, December 22, 2009

iTunes Warning...

I like my iPhone, and I use iTunes almost everyday. As can happen with computer software, iTunes got corrupted. I called Apple tech support...(I am off warranty so I get limited help...the techs are very friendly, but by the time the voice response is done with me, I am usually grumpy. Then I get to talk to someone...I must talk funny, Apple voice response only understands half of what I say...).
So, the solution? Uninstall/reinstall iTunes. I'll lose all my music, I say. You can sync your phone, and recover it, they tell me. Ok. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes...now my music is gone, AND iTunes will not recognize my phone. I have no connection now. So I called tech help again and spoke to the voice prompt for awhile, (ugh) then finally got to talk to a tech...what now, I ask? Reinstall iTunes, they say...Hmmm...This is starting to sound like a cop out, I think. They also said to try another computer...what? (I guess, if I can connect to another computer I can get software updates...but no music.)
If I had known I was getting the run around, I would have left it alone...I'm kind of screwed here.
I have most of my music backed up on Micrsoft Media, lucky for me...so beware if you use iTunes and don't have a back up plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home