Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How it's done...

If you're a teenage girl in a family of boys, what do you do? How do you make that work? Ask Jenny...she has her brothers, (and her dad) right where she wants them. Check his out...it's a funny story.
Her car broke down. Lucky for her it was at the house. It required a tow, and a repair job (new ignition). I gave her the tow truck phone number...

"Call em", I said...An hour passes by...nothing is happening.
I say, "Come on, call em Jen."
"I don't know what to say, dad."
"You say you need a tow."
"Dad, will you call them? I might do it wrong."

Ugh...Ok, I called them. But Jen needs to go out and talk to the tow truck operator. They show up an hour later.

Where is Jen?

"JENNY!!!", I yelled.
"I'll be right there dad!"

I go out to talk to the driver. As he is finishing up...guess who shows up? That's right! Jenny. And she's all smiles...nice.
"Hi guys!" "Can you get my radio out of the dash?" The driver was happy to do so.

OK...I know I'm being played...but it's over. The car will be repaired and she can go get it later...
Later arrives, and what do you know, Jen has plans! (Surprise) Friends are on there way.

"I'm not doing this for you." I said.
"OK, dad, I love you." (Followed by a hug.)
" I love you too honey."

I'm still not getting her car. A few minutes later, Luke walks down stairs...

"I don't know how that happened." He said.
"What happened?"
"Jenny just roped me into going to get her car."
I smiled...

"Jenny, you're a stinker!", I said.
Jen replies, "Huh?" (with an innocent look)...

She is really good at this. It's not all manipulation though, and it doesn't strike me as terribly negative either..it's just how a girl in an all boy family might handle things.

Please don't jump to conclusions. This is just a funny story. The truth is, Jenny is very responsible, smart, respectful, and a self starter...She does not rely on this kind of thing to get by...Ok?

Anyway, at the end of it all...She owes me breakfast (tomorrow). I imagine Luke will get in on that too.
I love her very much...
She can make me feel like a king...even while getting me to handle her problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home