Friday, January 01, 2010

Know your heart....I was just thinking about this so...why not blog it..... :-)

Years ago I was trying to make a major life decision. It had to do with work if I remember correctly. I had analyzed the situation into oblivion. To me everything is connected somehow spiritually, which can tend to complicate my thinking at times, and simplify it at others. This time it complicated it; so I didn't know what to do. That said, someone I know suggested I speak to a highly respected church elder in town about my situation. I thought that would be perfect. Maybe they would give me the spiritual wisdom I was trying to find.

We spoke by phone. I never met the man, and don't remember his name. But I do remember the conversation. I started by explaining my situation, and circumstances. I gave him my take on how things stacked up spiritually (trusting God, His leading, the future). His reply surprised me. All he said was, "At the end of the day, you will follow your heart. Whatever is there will determine what you decide." This sounded terribly simple, and frankly nonspiritual to me at first. However, after I thought about it awhile...I concluded he was right. And I made the change I was considering.

I know all the "the heart is deceitful" verses; however, there is also this, which is what he was referring to...I think. Pr 3:5-6; 4:23-27... and Ps 37:4.

Since this talk I have tried to "know my heart"...or maybe better said, I try to consider "where my (your???) heart is at". It's hard to know!...but still it's worth considering...when working things out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home